Followers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bear Talk Woof Interviews Dennis Dippary

I recently had the opportunity to interview Dennis Dippary for Bear Talk Woof which he agreed on doing it.  I had never met Dennis but I consider him a good friend on FaceBook and he was nice enough to do this interview for Bear Talk Woof.  After exchanging some thoughts and laughs with Dennis, I wrote them down to share with you and said to myself…what a sweet man Dennis is, with a wonderful sense of humor and just plain “amazing”.

BTW: How did you get into your singing? 

DENNIS:  I’ve always liked singing and performing.  I’ve always sung.... in choirs and such... since elementary school.

BTW:  Have you ever thought about making albums?

DENNIS:  I’m not that good. LOL

BTW:  What kind of songs do you sing?

DENNIS:  In choir, anything that they gave me. For karaoke, mostly soft pop, musical, easy listening.

BTW:  And do you choose your own songs from the list that they give you or do you sing ones that you are most familiar with?

DENNIS:  For karaoke, there is a list of 150,000 songs to choose from.

BTW:  Wow, and do you pick the same songs that you are most familiar with?

DENNIS:  For now, but I’m slowly adding more songs to my repertoire.

BTW:  That's fantastic. Have you ever performed on stage as an actor?

DENNIS:  Yeah, but I prefer being backstage.

BTW:  What kind of performance have you done?

DENNIS:  I’ve done performances such as plays, musicals, all sorts of stuff! hehe

BTW: What was your favorite role that you had done?

DENNIS:  It was Professor Clown, in an original show in Pittsburgh.

BTW:  Have you ever done street performance before?

DENNIS:  No, not technically. LOL I did participate in two flash mobs.

BTW:  haha. Were you ever involved in any of the gay pride parades?

DENNIS:  Well, I was in a few in Pittsburgh, with the choir, and then I became the production manager for the Pride fest.

BTW:  Are you still manager for Pride fest?

DENNIS:  That was back in Pittsburgh! LOL

BTW: Chicago is where you live, have you done anything in Chicago?

DENNIS:  Just the flash mobs.

BTW:  And what are the flash mobs.

DENNIS:  They are groups that come together for no reason to do something.  We did a huge Freeze down at the Bean in Millennium Park.  We froze for 5 minutes. Then we did a conga line through downtown.

BTW:  What is the huge freeze down?

DENNIS:  There were about 1000 of us, just walking around at the "Bean" and at 1pm, everyone who was in on it just froze in place. Then at 1:05, we all began moving again, as if nothing happened.

BTW:  Did you like it at the Bean in Millennium Park?

DENNIS:  oh yeah!

BTW:  Do they have this once a year?

DENNIS:  Whenever they want to. LOL

BTW:  Do you go to a lot of the bear events?

DENNIS:  No, not really. I don't do the "scene”?

BTW:  I'm not really into the scene either. Is there a reason why you don't go to them?

DENNIS:  I don't like the way that people act. It seems like it’s just an excuse to grope, make out, and randomly hookup. I am not into other bears, and as sexual as I am, I am kind of a prude when it comes to 'randomly making out'

BTW:  I agree with you. You actually brought up a good reason on the table why bears go to events. I think the bears forget the meaning why bears have events. What are your feelings about this?

DENNIS:  They SHOULD go to events to socialize with like minded men.

BTW:  What was your experience at your first bear event?

DENNIS:  I was at Lazy Bear for the pre weekend, 2000. I had to leave for San Francisco for a choir convention. It was awesome!  I got to cuddle with some new friends in the pool as we talked. I had spent some time with one 'special' guy, and went away feeling so good about the weekend. Exactly what I thought it should be.

BTW:  I don't think there is anything wrong with meeting new friends and cuddling as long as that's as far as it goes. Has anyone tried to make a pass at you to get in your pants?

DENNIS:  oh, MANY times. LOL

BTW:  That's why I don't go.

DENNIS:  I tell them "not interested"

BTW:  Is that why you don't go to them anymore?

DENNIS: I’m tired of saying NO.

BTW: When is your next singing gig?

DENNIS: I don't know.

BTW: Next time you plan on singing you should tell people on the Bear Talk Woof FaceBook page where you will be at. I could also add you to the blog as well if you like.

DENNIS: Cool. I don't think I’m on the Bear Talk Woof FaceBook page, am I? LOL

BTW: Wow I don't think you are. Add yourself on it. (Click onto here to get to the Bear Talk Woof Facebook Page)

DENNIS: Okay, added.

BTW: Thanks. Add your friends on there too. I think it would be great. The more the merrier.

DENNIS: hehehe you know that it will need to be switched over to the new format soon.....?

Since Dennis brought that to my attention, I immediately went to the Bear Talk Woof page and switched over to the new format. I personally am not sure how I feel about it but I suppose it is a matter of getting used to.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dennis for having this quick interview with Bear Talk Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment