Followers

Friday, June 29, 2012

Affection in Public


Do you have a fear of kissing your partner in public? Is something holding you back from holding hands, or kissing your partner or boyfriend out in public something that you always wanted to do without fear?

It still amazes me that some of the guys in the gay community are still shy and feel awkward being affection with their boyfriend or partner in public. Why? Because they still have that fear of being judged by other people who are not like them.

I personally don't give a fuck what other people think when I kiss someone other guy and I don't mind kissing my partner in public. However, my partner has a problem with that. I am not sure why he feels this awkwardness out in public.  Maybe he doesn't want to have cause any problems with other people.  He is a quiet and keep things to himself.  We just recently moved to Maine and I know it is not the problem.  He always felt that since I moved to Washington to be with my partner.

I used to date this big bear before I met my partner and at that time I lived in Arizona. We would hang out and kiss in public. At first I felt funny but after thinking about it and hiding everything for so many years, it really got to me.  I thought to myself, why should I feel awkward, insecure, and afraid of kissing someone that I care about in public when there are many heterosexuals out there that does the same thing. What annoys me is that heterosexuals would stare at two homosexuals in a different way with disgust.  I also thought that these people definitely have a problem with that.  It is not you that is the problem, is the person that is staring at you that has that problem.  To me, I wasn't goign to change my ways so it would suite these heterosexuals.  Oh hell no.

THIS IS OUT TIME. This is the time for us to stop feeling scared, and insecure going outside becoming affectionate and kissing that someone that we care about. Its not fare on yourself to feel this way. Do you see us gay men looking at heterosexuals with disgust and say something? No of course not. And they don't feel insecured about that either. Haven't you noticed that? So why feel insecure about yourself kissing, holding hands outside in public?

No comments:

Post a Comment